Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Another Day

I chose that title because I didn't know what else to name it. Today started out terrible. I had a pounding migraine. I had it yesterday when I got home from my walk and it lasted all night. I woke up with it too. I had to call into work, I felt bad but I would have been no good to them. I took some meds and a diet coke at 7am and went back to sleep for a couple hours. By the time I woke up, it was bearable. I headed into work.

Work was good. Nothing too exciting happened. Came home from work and made the kids supper. Spaghetti, their fav. After that we all went to Mia's house to see her and the baby and the other kids. She is doing really well! She is able to get up and around and care for Kyra, very good to see. She is about half the size she was when I saw her last. All the fluid is out of her. She looks great! The other kids are being a great help. I saw Marissa change a diaper while we were there. They are on spring break so I am having them come over tomorrow to get them out of Mia's hair and so they can watch my kids while I go do some errands.

On our way home Jeremy dropped me off by Chicago drive and state street and I walked home. It was a 2 mile walk and was very nice. The only thing I don't like is that I have to walk under the highway viaduct. There is no sidewalk there and not really a big shoulder. It gets loud too when there is a semi on the highway above me! I am loving walking though. My goal is 3 times a week, if not more.

Time for bed for the kids. Have a great night.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Must have been the day for headaches, I had one too. Thankfully mine didn't get as bad as yours. You're such a trooper, out there excercising! You're going to make me feel lazy! One of these days I'll start back up again, YOU GO GIRL! I hope you feel 100% soon. Tell Zoe I miss her:)

Lynette said...

Glad you guys made it home safely, that drive home is the WORST but hopefully next year we get to do it too! Good for you for walking too, that's a long walk, I hope your headache is better, I'm amazed that you even made it into work at all!

S Huiz said...

Glad Mia is doing so much better! Tell Marissa I said hello! Glad you were able to shake your headache.