Monday, April 28, 2008

Great Weekend!

WOW what a great weekend. We headed up to the cottage after Jeremy got home from work on Friday. The kids could hardly wait, they love it up there. We ate at Red Robin on the way out of town, love the french fries and the Turkey Burger! Finally we arrived safe and sound. Saturday we got up and made pancakes and bacon, kids fav. After a little more relaxing it was down to business.

We headed outside for some raking and leaf blowing. The kids helped pick up sticks and played in the yard. The boys did some fishing, caught a few big bass. Jeremy and I gathered all the leaves at the fire pit and made a HUGE fire. We had to tend to it for about 3 hours. It was just putting more leaves on and making sure that the fire didn't go out. After that i was SOOO stinky I went in to take a shower and get ready to go to Steve's for dinner in the big town of Scottville.
On the way home from dinner we saw a male turkey, I think it is called a tom, all strutted out! he was following some hens and had all of his feather puffed out and his tail feathers fanned out. It really was quite cool. I have never seen that before and probably never will again. The kids loved it too.

Sunday we got up and laid around for the longest time! I never got out of my p.j.'s until 11:30am! I love going up there because I don't have my own house to worry about, just read books and magazines. Then we ate some leftovers from dinner the night before and packed up and headed for home. Once we got home we were unpacking and settling in for the finale of Big Brother! Go Adam, contrats!

Today was a typical Monday. Work, kids at my moms and Jeremy with golf league after work. Now it is time for bed so Jer and I can watch There will Be Blood. I will let you know how that is. My friend at work says it is AWESOME!!

Have a great night.

1 comments:

Missy said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! A little bit of work and a lot of relaxing, VERY NICE!