Thursday, May 29, 2008

I amaze myself!

I just figured out how to get my computer to work in our office. Our computer has been on our kitchen table for the past 6 months since we have moved in! I had had it! We could only have it there because we don't have a cable outlet in the office. So, I had to go buy a cable wireless router. It took me a couple of tries to get it but the Geek Squad at Best Buy gave me a few pointers and here I sit typing in the office, where a computer should be! Yeah Me!!!! I had to hook up the router to the modem and then configure the router to the computer and then set up a network and then connect to the network and viola!! May sound easy to some people but it took a little bit for me to figure it out!




Our Holiday weekend was great. We started off on Sat going up to the cottage at lost lake with the in-laws. The kids had a great time swimming, in the freezing water, and playing with their cousins! Haylie and Hunter knee boarded for the first time. They loved it!!! Hunter asked us if we could see his "rocket huge smile" while he was out there. Too cute!




We came home on Sunday night because Haylie and I were going to march in the Memorial day parade. Not something haylie was looking forward too. We got in line at 9am hoping to take off soon after that. Nope...we didn't start marching until 9:45. These poor kindergartners had to stand there and wait forever!! We were the last school before the end of the parade. Zeeland High band was done marching before we even started! They might want to think about making the route a little longer if they are going to allow all those tractors in there!


This is Haylie in her cute little Blue coat that ZCS k-gardeners have to wear. Just let me tell you that I wore these jackets when I was there!

Here is the gang waiting for us to come by. Colin, Lily, Hunter, Parker, and Noah.Here we are marching. Gotta love the sticks were hanging on to. It didn't help keep them in line.

The beginning of this week was good. Nothing too exciting. Haylie has her last day of school tomorrow. She was supposed to have a party at Helder park but it has been moved inside due to the thunder and lightening predictions. I cannot believe I am going to have a 1st grader after tomorrow! How did this happen, she was just born! I am sure all of you moms are feeling my pain right now! Time flies.

Hope you are all doing well. More to come......

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

I do feel your pain! Cute pictures- gotta love that ZCS jacket! haha Your whole computer thingy sounds difficult to me, so I am proud of you! I'll call you next week when we start hitting the pool for you to join us! Let's hope the weather cooperates!

Missy said...

I feel your pain big time! I am going to have a middle schooler and a first grader! And YOU ARE RIGHT they were JUST born! You are a rockstar! Never in a million years would I have figured out all that computer stuff. Doesn't look good for golf tonight so maybe we can just get together to hang out!

Lynette said...

Congrats on the computer stuff! I have trouble with anything that makes the computer work... very confusing! Crazy that school is done... one "grade" older, hard to believe!