Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finally!

Finally the weather is nice. People are coming out of the woodwork! Our street is filled with people walking, running and bike riding. The sunshine is a wonderful thing to have along with the warm weather. I went for a walk today, my first of the "season" I think I might have some sort of issue with my foot. It bothered me a little last summer and then a little more doing some workouts in my basement over the winter. BUT when I took my walk today it really flared up! I and going to try supports on my shoes and see if that helps. My pain goes from my arch in my right foot then makes its way up to the knee. Any suggestions?

I had a really fun weekend. My cousins came from Ohio for the weekend, to hang out and shop. One of them met with an interior designer because they are building a house and needed to get some things finalized. My other cousin came up to do a jewelry show for us, what fun stuff she had for us to look at for Spring and Summer. I managed to find a couple of things that I "needed". We made our usual trip to Target, Gap, and then to Grandville on Saturday evening for girl time. Jeremy was champ and took care of the kids most of the weekend so I could have some girl time.

I did some more freezer cooking last weekend. I made 64 chimichungas and a few servings of Stuffed shells. We had the shells for dinner today and they were AWESOME! We like to have the chimis in the fridge for something to grab when I don't make a "dinner". I love having stuff in the freezer, I can't say enough about freezer cooking. It sounds overwhelming but is really kind of fun!

Knock on wood the kids have been healthy all winter! We haven't had any of the sickness that has been going around at all! The most we have had is a stuffy nose, God is Good! The kids are really getting excited for Florida. We will be leaving 2 weeks from Tuesday, and we can't wait!
Bring on the sun and surf!

Hope all is well. Until next time.......

2 comments:

The Myrick Family said...

Your profile makes me REALLY want to get to FLORIDA! :) I can't wait to look out my window and see that instead of at my computer screen.

Kim Lubbers said...

Can I have your chimi recipe?? Sounds yummy! I love freezer cooking too... all the work is worth it:)