We had a busy week here at the Freriks home. Haylie had day camp everyday from 8:30 until about 5! She loved it! She attended Camp Geneva and it was a blast for her and her two little friends she went with. They did crafts, sang songs, swam in the pool and the lake. They also played a bunch of games and met some really nice people. She loved the counselors. Aunt Emily and Cousin Alisha were hers, very nice girls and loved Haylie too.
This week did give me some bonding time alone with the boys. We headed out to the blueberry fields on Tuesday to pick some berries. I haven't done that since I was young. It brought back a bunch of memories, fun times with the kids in the field back in the day. We ended up with about 20lbs of berries. I made everything you can make with blueberries. Blueberry bread, muffins, jam, cake...all of it really good.
Wednesday we hung out at the house for most of the day. In the evening we had family pictures with my dads side of the family. I don't think we have done that in about 2o years. I know that my cousins weren't born yet and one of them graduated from high school this year. It was long overdue. They turned out great!
Friday I got to spend some time with Mandy at here mom and dad's pool. It was fun watching the kids swim and to catch up with her. We had to leave and head out to Camp Geneva to watch a little program that the kids were putting on for their last day at camp. They sang some songs, and we got to watch a slide show of pictures that they took throughout the week. I have attached some of those here.

Haylie catching a water balloon. She is in the polka dot swim suit.

Haylie and her group with her counselors. Haylie is in the first row of kids, second from the left.

One of her favorite times at camp....SWIMMING!

Having a deep conversation with her two friends.
Haylie giving the thumbs up! I am sure she is happy even though it doesn't look like it here! :)
We hurried home after dinner at Red Robin so Haylie could pack to spend the weekend at my moms house. My cousins came in from Ohio and she got to hang out with their girls that are around the same age. They are joined at the hip when they are together. I am sure I will have one tired little girl on my hands tomorrow night.
Saturday Haylie and I got to go to her 1st grade teacher from last year's wedding. Miss Beernes got married to Mr. Scott. Haylie couldn't wait to go! Miss Beerens got engaged this year while Haylie had her and it was very exciting for her and all the classmates! It was a beautiful wedding and Miss Beerens did a great job including the kids in a picture up front of church with her and Mr. Scott. Haylie was in her glory. After that it was back to playing with her cousins.
It was a wonderful weekend even though the weather wasn't all that great! Next weekend brings a weekend at the cottage on Lost Lake with my family! I am very excited to share that with them.
1 comments:
We can't wait for a fun weekend at the cottage! or college as Parker calls it!
Post a Comment