Saturday, December 12, 2009

Noah's Birthday






My baby is 5!!! This just blows my mind. I simply cannot believe that he is this old. He was JUST born! Wasn't it just last year that I came home from the hospital on Friday and had to go to church that very Sunday for Haylie's Christmas program??? Wasn't it just last year that we were living in Hamilton in the woods and were up in the night feeding him??? Wasn't it just last year.......




Now he is in pre school and loving it. He is best friends with his brother and worst enemies too. They get along great for the most part. I was scared at first to have them so close together, 17 months to be exact. It really has been a blessing to watch them play and grow together as brothers. They share a room and Noah does not like to be up there sleeping when Hunter isn't up there with him, really sweet.



Noah loves to play with his Trio's, he loves to play outside on his bike or scooter. He also really loves to help me in the kitchen whenever he can. Sometimes I have to remind myself that these moments are going to end soon and I need to get over the fact that he is IN MY WAY!! Most mornings, if he is awake before I am he will come in and cuddle in bed with me for a while. I cherish these moments and hope I will see more as he grows.

Since Noah came in God's time, I have always said that there is something extra special in store for him. I think we might have a preacher on our hands. He has always said that is what he wants to do when he grows up. There are times when I will listen to him playing the piano and singing at the TOP of his lungs "bible songs" that he is making up. I have also caught him, when he doesn't know I am listening, reading from the bible and telling stories. What a precious sight. Might be a sign of things go come.


We are very blessed to have Noah for a son. He is kind, funny, compassionate, and loves his family. He tells me 30 times a day that he loves me, just out of the blue, riding in the car, walking though the kitchen, whatever. This kid is AWESOME and we love him more than anything!!!







1 comments:

Keely said...

What a honey pie! I can't believe he's 5 either, that is crazy.I remember having dinner at Mandy's shortly before he was born and you saying "what am I gonna do?" and I was like "I have no idea" :-) Babies born on God's time are special, I totally agree! And mine are 20 months apart and I'm already having such a great time watching them, I can tell they're going to be best buds too...at least until high school :-)