Sunday, March 09, 2008

Remodel

It was a busy weekend remodeling the bedroom and bathroom. I did it all! I painted and painted all weekend. But it is done. We redid it in light green and brown! So much better than before. I will post pictures soon. Before it was yellow-ish walls and floral bedding. It is now much warmer and cozier! LOVE IT!! I was really amazed that I did it all by myself. Painting was really quite fun! I am on to the next project soon. The toy room! Then the laundry room and then the......the possibilities are endless.

Saturday Jeremy attempted to take the kids to the Thunder Nationals. He got there and it was sold out! So they ended up going to a movie in Grandville. I am sure that was just as good for the kids. They saw Alvin and the Chipmunks, they all loved it.

Today was a challenging day. We got in the van to go to church and it had a flat tire! So, we all piled up in the jeep and off to church we went. We were about 1 minute from church and we passed a police man. He then turned around and proceeded to pull us over!!! Did he have nothing better to do that pull us over so close to church. It turns out it was my fault. I wasn't wearing my seat belt! This was the same police man that pulled us over in October for not having up to date tabs on the van. Ugh!!! So we get to church and the kids decided to tell everyone that they saw, why we were late! Funny to them, not so funny to me.
Then we went out for lunch at the Chinese buffet. It was okay except for Hunter having a fit because he couldn't have ice cream because he wasn't listening to us and that was his punishment. We made it home in one piece though.
Tonight is a birthday party for Olivia, my niece. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Lot's of car troubles today it sounds like... I absolutely HATE getting pulled over and it sounds like the kids made it so much better for you! :) So, have you had any luck with a new header? Did I give terrible instructions?

S Huiz said...

Good for you painting- doesn't it make a world of difference? Throw out Ryan's name the next time you get pulled over- or tell J to call him. It works sometimes. :-)