Today was the first day of school for Haylie and Hunter. Haylie is in 2nd grade and has Mrs. Walters. I would not say Haylie was excited to go to school today. She would much rather have stayed in bed and slept in. Me too, by the way. But I wouldn't say that she was dreading it either, she would just rather not go to school. She doesn't see the point, it's boring, according to her. I think she will in school for the social aspect and not to get all A's. Hmmm I wonder who she gets that from???? She had a good first day. She has a few friends from her 1st grade class that are in her class this year so she is excited about that. Her teacher was really nice, from what I could tell and it should be a great year. She also started the school year with a headache. She has been getting a lot of these lately. I am getting a little worried about this. I am going to keep track of these for the next couple weeks or so and see what I can figure out. I thought they would go away with her glasses but I don't think that was the problem. We shall see!
Hunter on the other hand was beyond excited to go to school today! He even ate breakfast with his backpack on his back! He had a wonderful day and can't wait to go back. Mrs. Renz is awesome and they will have a great year together. I was asked by a fellow mom in the class if I would be willing to be the room mom with her and I said I would. I don't know what I got myself into but it might be fun doing it with her.
Hunter came home from school and I asked him if he had fun and he said "I had so much fun that I thought my brain was going to explode!" I thought that was pretty funny. He comes up with some good ones. I am sure that won't be the last one.
Tomorrow night we will be heading to the Hillside service they have every year at the beginning of school, always a good time. Thursday is the first soccer practice for Haylie and Hunter, one at 6:30 and one at 7:30. Haylie starts a Hip Hop class in the next couple of weeks and we also start our Wed. night stuff at church. Our calendar is getting really busy really fast! I love it though, so do the kids. Fall is my favorite time of year!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment