Today begins my 40 days of Lent. I don't remember ever giving anything up for lent. Well, this year I am going to do it. I am giving up Facebook, yes, you read that right FACEBOOK!!! I can do this. For those of you who know me know that I am on facebook a lot! Too much really. I have our computer on the coffee table and when I am just sitting here watching tv, folding laundry, or just vegging out I am usually online on facebook. I play a silly game on there all the time too, Bejeweled Blitz! So, here goes. No facebook for 40 days. This SHOULD give me more time to do things around the house that get passed up b/c I would rather veg on FB. Already today I have gotten all the laundry put away and cleaned the house. I plan to go through some closets and cupboards and organize them better. I plan to get the storage room organized, the kids play room and Jeremy's side of the closet. Garage sale here I come!
This week has proven to be busy already. Monday was work and then a meeting at church. Tuesday was a little better. I had another meeting with our Disney planner in the evening just to go over our past trip to make sure we had a good time and she wanted to make sure she did her job. It was fun to see her again and to chat with my mom and sister in law. Kylie couldn't make it. After that meeting I decided it was a great idea to go get groceries at 8pm in the evening. Actually, that is a great time to go to Meijer, there isn't a sole there! I did savings angel and saved myself over $50 and also had $1o in bottle returns. Today was bringing Haylie to school, come home do laundry, give the boys lunch and then bring Hunter to school. Noah took a nap and I did more laundry and watch Curling at the Olympics. That is actually a great sport to watch. I had to look up the object of the game on the Olympic website but once you know the jest of the game it gets pretty intense. We headed to my niece Olivia's basketball game after I picked the kids up from school. She played a really great game and it was close to the end! Then we came home for 1/2 hour and headed to church for dinner. Now, I am home alone until Jeremy gets home with the children around 8:30. Jeremy is then heading to the airport to go get his parents when the arrive from Arizona.
They are coming home because our uncle, my mom in law's brother in law Ben had a massive stroke on Sunday night. Last I heard he was blind in one eye and had partial paralysis. He can't remember what he is supposed to do with an ink pen and has swelling and bleeding in his head. As of last evening his swelling hadn't gotten any worse since Monday night, which is good. They won't know exactly how much damage has been done until all the swelling goes down. We are really praying for a miracle for him. PRAY, PRAY PRAY.
Tomorrow is work and then going to sign my last baby up for Kindergarten. I can't believe I am at that point already! Noah will be in K-garten and Haylie in 3rd grade and Hunter in 1st! Ugh, before I know it they are going to be driving and I will NEVER see them!
That is enough rambling for now. I guess I have nothing better to do though, no FB!!!
Until next time........
Sephora & Ulta Daily Beauty Deals
2 days ago
1 comments:
You did it! Way to go! I had lots of extra time today too ;).
Hope you get lots done!
Post a Comment