Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No elevators and no Football

This could be a longer post, so don't read it all if you don't want to. I have been a little busy with the start of school and things in the past couple of weeks so there might be a little more to this post.

Last Tuesday, the 16th, was Jeremy and I 8 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe that we have hit that mark. It has gone so fast, yet at the same time it seems like we have been together forever, in a great way of course. We went to Elk Lake for the weekend, without the kids, it was very relaxing and enjoyable. The weather was rainy and cold but it didn't really matter, we were there to relax and spend time together. We went wine tasting on the Leeleneau Peninsula for the day on Saturday. This is something that Jeremy and I really enjoy doing. It was quite busy that day because the weather wasn't great for doing anything else. Then it was out for dinner to La Senorita for some great Mexican food before we headed back to the cottage for an evening of reading for me and Ultimate Fighting Competition for Jeremy. The next day we packed up and headed out for down south to get the kids from my parents.

Then it was off to church on Wednesday for the kick-off for our church activities, always a great time. The committee I am on at church was in charge of making and serving the dinner, this is new to me and I quickly found out that it is a TON of work but a lot of fun. After dinner we all gathered in the worship center for a time of praise and worship and to introduce the small groups that were taking place this winter. Soon the kids were able to go downstairs, this is where the evening gets interesting for a while.

About 10 minutes after the kids took themselves downstairs, as they do every single time, I was sitting there in the worship center and one of the teachers come to me and says, "we can't find Hunter" Now, Hunter know exactly where to go, how to get there and loves to go to his class at church. So for him not to be there was really strange. We started to look for him, sort of frantically, I might add. Well, we ended up finding him STUCK in the elevator we have at our church! He was found laying on the floor crying b/c he was in there and didn't know how to get out. I can't imagine what he was thinking in there for those 10 or so minutes! I asked him how he got in there and he said that he wanted to come back upstairs to tell me something but the elevator got stuck. He did know enough though to push the red button with the telephone on it and speak into the intercom and tell the lady the answered him that his name was Hunter and he was stuck in the elevator! I was quite impressed with that. Needless to say, he won't be going in the elevator anytime soon.

And now for why I say no football.... We went to my niece and nephew's football game on Saturday. Yes, I said niece. Olivia is in 6th grade and plays football for Zeeland Recreation and can beat most of the boys that play, she is awesome! Well we're sitting there and there were three players the got seriously hurt before the 4th quarter. The first was my nephew Kenny, he got the wind knocked out of him and was down on the ground for quite a while! The second kid was taken off the field on a STRETCHER because he had a neck injury and the didn't want to move him. THEN as I was leaving, I heard a kid scream out in agony and rolling around on the ground. He ended up breaking his ARM!!! All of this before the 4th quarter! On that note, I have decided that my children are not playing football. They may play golf, basketball, soccer, pretty much anything but football. Sorry to all of you football moms out there but.......


That brings us to this week. Not much happened this week. Pretty quiet, besides, Pilate's, karate, tumbling, bible study, school, wed night church, and anything else that might come up.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I didn't realize that Kenny got hurt... it is a rough sport, but that is not a normal game. I'm never seen one injury quite honestly! Poor Hunter, stuck in the elevator, I can't even imagine!

Sarah said...

I hear you on the football- it IS dangerous! I pray each game and practice that Cobe stays safe. Even those little ones get hit hard! Glad you and Jeremy have had 8 wonderful years together and enjoyed your get-a-way weekend. I would love to go wine tasting sometime--it's something I've never done. I am not a wine drinker, but it does sound like a fun experience. AND poor Hunter!!! What a scary feeling!